Your donation directly supports the annual work of the Latin American Association and it’s one-stop shop service model that looks to bring the American dream to life by providing the tools Latinos in Georgia need to achieve self-sufficiency.
Become a consistent supporter of the LAA’s mission to empower Latinos to adapt, integrate and thrive. As a monthly donor, your contribution ensures we are able to bring the American dream to life by providing the resources, support and community that Latinos need to embark on their journey of prosperity.
Through volunteering with the Latin American Association, you can use your skills to help people who are learning a new language, trying to put food on the table, starting a new business, and much more!
Organize a fundraiser
Looking for ways to make a real impact in the lives of our incredible Latino community? Get ready to roll up your sleeves and organize heartwarming fundraising events that will light up lives and bring hope to those in need.
Become a sponsor
Sponsor our signature events.
- Latin Fever Ball
- LYLC (Atlanta + Dalton)
- Latina Empowerment Conference
- The Health Expo
- Back to School Bash
- Career Expo
- Spirit of Giving
For more information regarding sponsorships opportunities, please reach out to Whitney Gillis-LeHew at WGillis@thelaa.org
Donate in honor or memory
Honor a colleague, remember a loved one, or celebrate a special occasion with a tribute gift that empowers Latinos to adapt, integrate and thrive.
- Honor someone special
- Celebrate a special occasion
- In memoriam
- Donate your birthday on Facebook
In-kind donations can most benefit our organization with food supplies to alleviate food insecurity. Our food pantry needs the most the following items:
Non-Perishable Food Items:
- Canned vegetables (corn, peas, green beans, etc.)
- Canned fruits (pineapple, peaches, fruit cocktail, etc.)
- Canned proteins (tuna, chicken, beans, etc.)
- Canned soups and stews
- Pasta and pasta sauces
- Rice and grains (quinoa, couscous, etc.)
- Breakfast items (cereal, oatmeal, granola bars)
- Nut butter (peanut butter, almond butter)
Baby and Infant Items:
- Baby formula
- Baby food jars or pouches
- Diapers (all sizes) and baby wipes
Personal Care Items:
- Toothpaste and toothbrushes
- Soap (bar soap and liquid soap)
- Shampoo and conditioner
- Toilet paper
- Feminine hygiene products (pads and tampons)
- Razors and shaving cream
School Snacks and Supplies:
- Snack items suitable for children’s school lunches
- Notebooks, pens, pencils, and other school supplies
- Cooking oil
- Salt and pepper
- Spices and seasonings
Reusable Shopping Bags:
- Provide reusable shopping bags for clients to carry their groceries home.
Monetary Donations or Gift Cards:
- Monetary donations allow food pantries to purchase items in bulk or address specific needs. Gift cards to grocery stores can also be helpful for purchasing fresh produce and perishable items.
Special Holiday Items:
- During holiday seasons, consider donating specific holiday-related items like turkey or ham for Thanksgiving and Christmas.