Letter from the Co-Chairs
We are honored to serve as co-chairs for this year’s Latin Fever for the Latin American Association. As we’ve learned in the past year and a half, things change. It was not an easy decision, but Latin Fever has now pivoted from a ball due to the pandemic. However, we still need your help! We are kicking off our Fund-The-Mission campaign starting today! Our goal is to raise $200,000 by October 31st.
For almost 50 years, the Latino community has counted on the LAA to empower them to adapt, integrate, and thrive. Can we count on YOU to help our community? The LAA continues to serve the community every day, more than 44,000 clients a year. Just in the past year, the LAA has:
- Served over 44,500 individuals in 2020
- Provided over $800,000 in rental assistance to families facing evictions
- Fed over 10,000 families and dispersed 334,000 pounds of food
- Hosted weekly COVID-19 vaccinations at the LAA offices, vaccinating over 7,000 people
- Stayed in constant contact with 240 students and their families in the transition to digital learning
- 1,000 adults enrolled in English as a Second language classes
- Over 100 adults graduated from the Unidos in Finance Bank Teller Program
- 200 women graduated from the ¡Avanzando Juntas! entrepreneurship class and 764 participants enrolled in and completed the ¡Avanzando Juntas! financial literacy class
- Served 1,000+ families by providing a comprehensive menu of immigration legal services
We would like to thank all the sponsors that we can continue to count on during this time when the LAA and the Latino community need you the most. Thank you for your consideration…we hope we can count on YOU!
The Latin Fever Ball Chair, an honorary role, is the face and figurehead of the gala. Typically a well-known public figure or business leader in the greater Atlanta community, the Chair represents Latin Fever Ball publicly and works through his/her personal and professional networks to generate support and promote the event.
This year, we are honored to present Egbert Perry and his wife Renée, and Tommy Holder and his wife Beth as our Latin Fever Ball Chairs.
Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
of Integral, and his wife Renée
Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of
Holder Construction Company, and his wife Beth
Recent past Latin Fever Ball Chairs include: Rudy Beserra and wife Lois, and Sam Zamarripa and wife Robin (2020), Carol B. Tomé of The Home Depot and Hala Moddelmog of Metro Atlanta Chamber (2019), Mike Donnelly of Wells Fargo and wife Gay (2018), Rey Pascual of Paul Hastings and wife Genie (2016), Rutherford and Laura Turner Seydel (2015), Bob Jimenez of Cox Enterprises and wife Julie (2014), and Frank Ros of The Coca-Cola Company and wife Jan (2013).
2020 Latin Fever Ball.
Cruz & Associates
Jim & Ann Curry
Georgia Chamber of Commerce
Georgia Natural Gas
Greater Georgia Concrete LLC
A.B. Olmos & Associates
Atlanta International School
Fred Fernandez & Irma Rodriguez
Interactive College of Technology
Karla Arriola and Michael Kalmes
O’Kelley & Sorohan, Attorneys at Law, LLC
Specialty Finishes Incorporated