Latin American Association’s 16th conference for Latino students will draw more than 2,000 participants to Georgia State on Nov. 7
The Latin American Association’s 16th Annual Latino Youth Leadership Conference, a day filled with activities and experiences to motivate Georgia Latino high school and middle school students to graduate from high school and go to college. AT&T is the presenting sponsor of the 16th Annual Latino Youth Leadership Conference.
The popular conference features:
- High-energy opening and closing ceremonies with youth motivational speakers, cultural performances and Latin music
- Grade-level workshops led by Latino college students on topics such as scholarships, the college admission process, coding and leadership
- Workshops for parents on topics such as parenting and careers in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM)
- Workshops for teachers on topics such as the use of technology in the classroom and creating a college-going culture
- Booths with reps from more than a dozen colleges, including Georgia Tech and Kennesaw State, for a total of 50+ exhibitors
“This is a day to inspire Latino students to achieve their dreams of pursuing higher education,” says Eliezer Velez, who manages the LAA’s youth programs. “Latino students are less likely to graduate from high school and go on to college than their peers. At the conference, students will obtain the tools and motivation they need to transition from middle school to high school and from high school to college.”
Some 1,500 Latino middle and high school students from all over Georgia, plus parents, teachers and college volunteers, totaling more than 2,000
Keynote speaker is youth motivational speaker Roy Juarez.
Saturday, Nov. 7, 2015, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Georgia State University in downtown Atlanta. Opening ceremony starts at 9 a.m. at the GSU Sports Arena, 125 Decatur St., Suite 201,
Atlanta, GA 30303.
If interested in covering the conference, please contact Aixa Pascual at 404.234.4143 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Presenting Sponsor: AT&T
Presenting Media Sponsor: Univision 34 Atlanta
Host: Georgia State University
Platinum Sponsors: Delta Air Lines, Georgia Power, McDonald’s, PS Energy, Wells Fargo
Gold Sponsors: Aaron’s, The Brace Family Foundation, Kaplan DREAMers Education Initiative, Lovett, Turner, USHLI
Silver Sponsors: Atlanta Hawks, Atlanta Technical College, Georgia Family Connection Partnership, GE, Macy’s, Peace Corps, UPS
Media Sponsors: MundoHispánico, El Patrón 105.3, WSB-TV