LATINO YOUTH MENTORING PROGRAM
The LAA’s Latino Youth Leadership Academy offers a mentoring program for 200 middle school and high school students in Dekalb, Gwinnett and Fulton counties who are currently participating in our youth program. College students, civic leaders and professionals are invited to serve as mentors, working with Latino youth to develop leadership skills, answer questions about college, offer career guidance and provide academic and social support.
- Mentors must make a eight-month commitment to meet with their mentee a minimum of two times a month after school or on weekends.
- Mentors and mentees will be matched according to interests and personality traits.
- Mentors must attend a mandatory mentor orientation and a meeting with the family of the mentee.
- Mentors must schedule a minimum of two meetings per month in advance.
- Mentors must work closely with the program managers, providing activity logs, updates and feedback.
- Mentors must maintain communication with mentee and follow through on commitments.
- Mentors must serve as a resource and source of support for assigned mentee.
*All mentors must undergo a background check prior to being matched.
How to Apply
Please complete an application by clicking here. You will need to provide your contact information, a résumé and references, and you must also submit two essays.
The Youth Department will notify the first cohort of mentors regarding next steps.
For more information, please contact Alexandra Campos Castillo at 678-663-2332 or firstname.lastname@example.org.